I have been thinking lately that I have not blogged much about Iyla. She is really starting to get her own personality. She it 6 months old already! Time flys! Some of the more amazing things she is doing now is rolling over, sitting on her own and starting solid food. I just love this age!

And I am having fun making baby food. I did it with Bella as well. I feel there is no point spending money on jarred baby food that has been sitting on a shelf for longer then your baby has been alive. I don't see spending 75 cents for one tiny jar of mashed bananas when I can buy an entire pound of organic bananas for the same price. With prices going up and incomes not following suit, finding ways to be more economical is becoming increasingly important. I really feel pleased with myself that I can give my baby the very best. The baby food companies have done a very good job of making the public think they HAVE to give there babies Jarred baby food. But the truth of the matter is if you have a fork, you can make your own baby food! Some of Iyla's Favorites are peas, bananas, carrots, and sweet potatoes. It you would like any advice or some tips and tricks I have learned in the art of baby food cuisine just send me an e-mail. I am happy to share my wisdom in this area!

Iyla is such a blessing in our family. She is funny and sweet and so tiny. I love her very much and I am so glad the Lord has blessed us with such a choice spirit to be in our family!


I'm glad you posted pics of Iyla. She is adorable, (did we really expect anything else?). I agree about the baby food thing. I like the way you put it. I had never thought of baby food being older than the baby. Gross! Cute girl...
ReplyDeleteHey, I felt the same way. I fed my kids normal people food. In addition to tasting better, and being cheaper, they got to eat what we were eating (which is what they wanted anyway)! Your a good mommy, and you have a cute family!
ReplyDelete