So not too much has been going on in our home lately but I felt like giving a general update just in case someone out there missed something. Iyla is 9 1/2 months old and is SUPER clingy. I can't even go to the bathroom by myself anymore or she is right behind the door, pounding on it and crying! Right now she is having a hard time with teething... again. I really hope the tooth comes in already. It is so hard as a mom to watch your baby be in any kind of pain.
She took her first step last week. But as usual, once the camera came out, we can't get her to do it again! I think she will be walking before her 1st birthday.
Bella is about to start Kindergarten in a few weeks. I know it sounds early but we are going to be doing it for 2 years instead of the usual one. Since we are homeschooling her, we can take it slow and kind of ease her into it. We think she is ready for more structure when it comes to schooling. I have been homeschooling her in preschool for a Little more then a year now and she is ready for more. I am really excited to get Kindergarten started and so is Isabella. We got her an old school desk. She love it because it has a seat she fits in and the desktop lifts up so she can keep her markers and books in it.
I am really looking forward to this summer. It is going to be a ton of fun. We are gearing up for a trip to Utah in a week and a half. We are going to be attending a family reunion for the Gifford side. We will be camping and I am really excited about it.
Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I hope you all have a great day. Bloggity blog at ya later!!
where did you get the school desk?
ReplyDeleteThats great!! Good for you. I never regret the years I spent homeschooling my kids. I am really proud of the basic foundation I was able to give them, as I am sure you will be too. Bella will be so much better off because of it! Be sure to look into homeschool legal defense. It is only $100 a year and is very worth it, if for no other reason than to educate you as to your rights as a homeschooler!
ReplyDeleteWhen I went to the homeschool conference last week I took a class on into to homeschooling. Homeschooling in Washington is really easy and the law is kinda on our side. Public school is not compulsery(sp) until the age of 8. So I don't even have to deal with the district until then. After the age of 8 I have to send in yearly letters of intent to homeschool. All I need to tell them is the names and ages of my children who are over the age of 8, my and jacob's names and our address. That's it. no borthdays, now grade level or anything. We have 4 options for eligiblilty. 1) be supervised by a qualified teacher currently working in the public school system for at least 1 day a week, 2) have a parent with at least 2 years of collage credits, 3) take a class about homecshooling at a local tecinical collage or the like (3 to 4 days long) or 4) have the superintendant deem you able to homeschool your child. the kids need to be tested OR assesed every year but a person wroking in the public school system. They have learning centers aroung her that you can go to for testing. I do not have to keep any records becides the testing/ assestment by law. You shcold have seed jacob's face when I told him how easy it is to homeschool here. What was even better was when I told him that homeschoolers have part time enrollement rights! It was pretty funny.
ReplyDelete