We had our house warming this weekend. It was fun and I really enjoied showing off all of our hard work to our friends.( I am sorry to say yet again I have no pictures to share. I do have a plan to fix that, I'll tell you in a minute.) We also had a small party for Iyla's upcoming 2nd birthday. She loved her presents and has had fun sharing them with her sister.
For some unknown reason to us every time we tell people in our new ward we bought a house in Bucoda we get the same responses, "oh... why did you buy a house there" or "Bucoda huh? okkkkk" And then when they come over we get hear EVERY TIME " WOW what a nice home you have" in the most surprised voice you have ever heard! I have bordered on amusement and offense. The people we have met in town are very nice and friendly. Yes, there are a lot of mobile homes in town and no stoplights with only 2 places of business but the people are hardworking and we happen to like it a lot. I have begun to wonder if we look like poor white trash that everyone assumes that we live in squalor or just because we live in a tiny town that is not on most maps. And I have also wondered why Bucoda has such a bad reputation.I just don't understand it!!!
We have worked hard for our whole married life to be able to own a home and when we found this house we just knew it would be a great place to raise our family. We are vastly contented with our situation and would not change anything (except maybe a better paying job!!)
We investigated wither or not we would get the internet in our home. We found out that neither Qwest or Comcast are available in our area and the only phone/ internet company is in Tenino. They have quite the monopoly on the market and can charge whatever they please and they do! We can't see spending over 75 dollars a month for a basic phone without any features and internet so we have made the painful decision not to get the internet. But I do want to continue with my blog so I have come up with a plan. I am getting a thumb drive and write my blogs and download pictures on it and when we go to the Library on Wednesdays I can stick them all online. So I hope to have a few every week. that way I can have pictures again so you can see what has been going on with us. I hope it works out well and I can try to keep this blog updated better.
I'm sorry we weren't able to make it on Saturday! I'm glad you guys had a good time and I'm excited to see pictures of your new home!
ReplyDeleteYea, sometimes there are drawbacks to owning a home. Don't worry too much about what people have to say about living on Buchoda. Lots of people don't understand the draw of living in a small town. I personally love it! So I say "MORE POWER TO YA"
ReplyDeleteLeahona I wish we could have come to see your house and I'm sorry to hear that your new ward is not friendly as you could hope we'r having the same problem here when people here where our rental is and even more when they hear where we're looking at buying I hope they come around soon! The whole Internet thing sucks I'm Looking forward to seeing all your pic! Miss you Amber
ReplyDeleteHona don't sweat it. You rock, always have always will!! I'm sure that your house is the greatest, all you have to do is let people get to know you guys and they will see that you guys really are windows to the lord. Let them be shocked by how cool your house is, it just means that they will tell more people and soon your whole ward will want to see "sister Gifford's great house in Buchoda"!! Man what a legacy you are making for the good people of Buchoda!! You should feel proud of yourself!! I know that were proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteLove Always & Forever,
Brynn, Jason, and Cadman and The Soph-star