I had a Dr. appointment this past week. It started out like any other visit. They checked all the normal stuff and everything was fine. Then it came time to check the babies heartbeat. For some reason the dr. was not able to hear the babies heartbeat with the Doppler. I was 11 weeks (I thought) and she said she was going to go get the ultrasound machine to get a better look and I FREAKED OUT!!! Exactly one year ago I was 11 weeks along and they could not find the babies heartbeat and that is when I miscarried. So you can imagine how I was feeling; alone in the exam room when the Dr. stepped out. My mind was racing and all I could do was lay there and pray that the Dr. would be able to find a heartbeat. The Dr. came in and got the ultrasound machine hooked up and started the procedure. and there it was, a tiny baby with a very strong heartbeat. Apperently the baby is in the back of my uterus and the Doppler could not reach it yet. The Dr. said in a few weeks we chould be able to get the heartbeat better. The baby has arms and legs now and it really starting to look like a baby. I also found out that I am 13 weeks along... not 11. The dates make much more sense now! Well, here is the newest picture...
We are due on Valentines day which is what I have figured this whole time! But since I have to have a c-section the baby will most likely be born around the 6th of February. I have another appointment in 4 weeks. although I doubt I will have anymore ultrasounds until the 20 week one and that will be sometime in late September. I will keep you all posted.

It is so scary when they can't find the heartbeat. It took a long time for them to find it the first time with Olivia. (then the next visit the DR decided to be funny and tell me I was having twins) I had a miscarriage before Abby and am always so nervous that it's going to happen again.
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! I'm 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow and have my Dr.s check up soon and for some reason I'm nervous too about not finding a heartbeat. My miscarriage was at 9 1/2 weeks but I had known for 3 weeks that the baby had passed away. I still feel very pregnant (sick tired and sick again) so i'm not sure why I'm so nervous.
ReplyDeleteI'm due February 20th but same story (c-section) so I think I'm going to choose February 12th (Lincoln's birthday.) It will be fun to be pregnant together -- 900 miles away.
congrats and good luck!
Hey then the baby could share keri's birthday!!
ReplyDelete