Here are some photos of the event!
Bella loved the food!
Iyla kept running off! Typical 2 year old!
There is my honey!!!
Here are the toys that were brought. There also was a giving tree. I went over to see waht kinds of toys the kids had asked for and what I saw just stunned me. There were hardly any toy requests. Most of the requests were for blankets, socks, lotion, and bath supplies. It broke my heart to see these. My kids really do have so much and I just felt like I could do something to help. I ended up taking quite a few tags and went shopping! I am also making some blankets. I shared this with a few friends and was overwhelmed with the offers of help. One friend opened her wallet and just handed over some money to buy more toys! I am going shopping again soon to gert a few more things. we can't do much and I wish we could do more.
The toys are due by the 15th. Santa is going to come and help pass out the toys on the 19th. The townfolk we so taken by isabella's singing they asked her to be an elf for the day and help Santa pass out the gifts. I think this is going to be an event to remember. She is well taken care of and she knows it. I think it will be nice for her to get a glimpse on how other kids live. We are truly so blessed and it feels really good to be able togive back.
No comments:
Post a Comment