I have my second to last doctors appointment today. One more next week and then it's baby time!! The baby is doing great and the heartbeat is around 130 bpm (beats per minute). I am doing well. Still have kidney issues but if I can keep the baby from kicking my kidneys or sitting on them I might just not have as much pain. I am also retaining fluid... big surprise right?! But not to worry.... this baby is coming in 11 days so whatever I have going one will resolve itself by then. Weight wise I am up a whopping 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. WOOHOOO!!! At least all of this nausea is worth something! So after I come home from the hospital I will weigh less then before I had the baby and if I get breastfeeding going, well that could help get my weight down even faster.
This being my third C-Section, my Dr and I talked about the chances I have of being able to carry another baby. She said that they will be able to tell the condition of my internal stuff when I have the baby and will let me know then. She just wanted to warn me that there might be a chance my uterus might be too thin for another baby from all of the scar tissue. And we talked about my options and about how many children I want to have. I told her that I do not under any circumstances want my tubes tied, But if my uterus can not withstand another pregnancy Jacob and I are more then willing to adopt to complete our family. We have never set a cap on the number of children we want. There is no magic number in our heads that we will say "OK that's the number...we're done". We both feel that 4 children would be wonderful. I had such a hard time even getting pregnant this last time that even if my uterus is able to have another baby there is no telling if I can even ovulate. That is kind of important to having a baby!
Adopting a baby is something that Jacob and I knew we were going to do at some point in our lives since before we were married. There are so many children that need a good home and I know we have enough love to go around. We of course will cross that bridge when we come to it. I feel very at peace with whatever the doctors say. I can't say the idea of never getting pregnant again is thrilling, but the idea of giving a baby a good home is exciting. I know most women who are as far along as I am are not thinking about going through ANOTHER pregnancy again! I am sure you think I am a little crazy for even talking about it. Us C-section mama's have to kind of think ahead a bit more. There is no way I can have 8 sections (no would I want to) and my Dr said the most she has ever done on a woman is 6. I would love to have just one more baby but who knows. That's what all those mom's who have 5 and 6 babies at a one time say "honey, let's just try for one more" and BAM... Sextuplets!
These next few days are going to fly by and take forever at the same time. Oh well!!
So I'm most likely having my 3rd baby next week and we are trying for a VBAC. The whole reason I want a vaginal delivery is because I don't want a dr. to tell me - ok, no more babies for you, too many c-sections. But I'm also totally nervous. I ruptured uterus is a way worse way of getting the message that you can't have any more children than a dr. telling you you better stop.
ReplyDeleteMy friend has two children, they have no fertility problems, but they are becoming certified for foster care just because they want to give other needing children a good home. I'm not as good as them I guess, because I am not at that point and I don't know if I ever will be.
Even having another c-section doesn't mean this will be the end. For me, it will only make 2 sections. my cousin had to stop at 4. So I wont be disapointed if I have to have surgery again. A c-section in itself isn't really that bad, in my opinion.
sorry for the rambling, it's just your post is exactly what I've been thinking and worrying about for the last week or so. I hope your body is good to go. I guess the truth is whatever happens, it is in the Lord's hands and He definitely knows what is best. we can all just take a sigh of relief and do our best.
ps. I can't believe you only gained 5 lbs! That is awesome (minus the being sick part). I'm nearing 50 and wondering what in the world I am going to do with it all. :) This baby better be a good nurser!
you will know when you get there. Its really kind of a weird thing actually, but you just will know. Good luck sis!
ReplyDelete