This past December our family was invited to a Chanukah party. We thought it would be a good cultural experience for Isabella so we went. Jacob saw a pattern in a crocheting magazine for a menorah and decided to try it. The friend who invited us seemed really interested in it so Jacob decided to bring it to the party to show her. When we got there we found out that they were having a menorah contest so on a whim Jacob entered it. Would you believe it, he won most original. We were so excited. http://http//cloj.org/?p=113 check out this link about the party. They mention the menorah. The picture on the site is pretty good of all the menorahs but Jacob's fell over. Here are the pix we took of the evening.


We had a really good time. We tried Latkie for the first time. I highly recommend them. After we we were done eating they had a Chanuakh trivia game. Isabella was so excited she kept raising her hand and luckily when they finally called on her we knew the answer, Chanukah has 8 days. She won a wooden dreidal. All in all it was a great experience. Isabella told anyone who would listen she went to a harmonica party!

Very cool! I enjoy reading your blog. I hope you all are doing well. We've been keeping way too busy here. Baby #7 is due August
ReplyDelete4th, and we're very excited! We still have a ways to go until we figure out what the sex is. I hope you're enjoying that new little one of yours. Take care.
I love how Isabella told everyone you went to a harmonica party. Good thing you are writing these things down!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know you could crochet something so 3-D! Amazing!