26 July, 2010

Just have a few minutes...

I know I know! I never have enough time! But I thought I would give a small update! We tore out the stairs in front of our house cause they were rotted out (that was a fun surprise!! NOT!!) and totally rebuild them ourselves. Jacob and I are really proud od ourselves and they turned out great. Sorry no pictures :( We also made our first big home purchase, We bought a new fridge. The one that came with the house was dying a slow and painful death. We got a great deal and I really love it!

I have had a pretty hard time getting used to our new ward and town. It is so strange for me to no know anyone. We are the only Members in our town which is a HUGE switch from living 3 blocks from the church! There is really no one my age with young children for me to talk to. I really hope to get the internet soon so I don't feel quite so disconected. Although it would be great if I would get a call now and then from anyone. I kind of feel very forgotten.

Well, enough venting! The girls are getting used to the house and it's not as scary for them to be in a different part of the house from us. We still can't get the girls to play outside. I think it is going to take some time for them to get used to the freedom!

I have started making all of our bread and it is going very well. This girls love it and I really like being able to make it for them. I still need to set up my sewing room and get started on making curtains for the house.

I think our garden is dying. we have fertilized and watered and watered and watered but I don't think is is going to make it. Oh well, we can at least plan for next year!

Cloth diapering is going GREAT!! Iyla is starting to sit on the potty a few times a day. Nothing is happening yet but I am quite the optimist and I am sure she will be potty trained before she starts kindergarten (although in this family you never know! Such smartie pants I have!)

Well, that's all for now. I hope you all are doing well and I REALLY home to hear from ANYONE soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes the joys of home ownership! Its still better than than an apartment. Don't worry, before you know it the girls will not want to come in the house. Get Jacob to build them a sandbox and that should take care of the problem. Also, don't worry it won't take too long for you to get used to the new ward. When Kerry and I first moved to Ky, we were in the same situation. It will get better!!

    ReplyDelete