I have been thinking about all the things I would like to have, I would like to have a serger, I would like to have a new porch for the front of the house, I would like to have a new, non leaking sink, in fact there are a lot of things that I would like... but I don't need them! All I need is right here in this messy living room. My girls are amazing! They make me laugh, they teach me daily about true love and compassion... and patience! I have a husband who means everything to me. Who works so hard for our family. Even after a long day at work he somehow has the energy to take up the slack for me with the end of this pregnancy looming. I have a network of friends and family that are so supportive and I know love me as much as I love them. I have a home, a real home in which to raise my family in the faith of our choice. I live in a town that I feel we were lead to, that really needs us. I live in a country where I have more freedoms then anywhere in the planet and most importantly I belong to a Church that contains in it the eternal truths that will help me and my family to attain our goals here on earth and in the life to come.
In comparison to all that a serger and an sink are nothing to all that I've been given. I've been given what I need. There is a song that I have been singing in my head all morning. It's from "The Forgotten Carols" here are the lyrics-
What I Need
All I ever wanted,
All I ever dreamed of,
Everything I hoped and all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given,
I've been given what I need.
A mansion on the hill or love like in the movies
Perfect little lives, where no one has a problem
Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted
I've been given what I need.
Even when I didn't understand,
When I thought you had no heart,
Thank you for rejecting my demand
And always giving me the better part.
All I ever wanted,
All I ever dreamed of,
Everything I hoped and all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given
I've been given what I need
As we come into this season of huge change in our families lives with the arrival of our new bundle of cuteness, It's nice to look around this messy living room and not see the mess, but see the blessings.
Are you trying to make me bawl? That was a touching update. I feel the same way sometimes. I have some of the same kinds of thoughts. Sometimes I even ponder the fact that I have more than just my needs, I have alot of my wants too. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete