My sister in Law challenged readers on her blog to try to not cook the same dinner for a month. I thought that would be fun so I started! Here is a list of what I have done and am planning on doing...
-chicken stir fry with homemade pot stickers
-spaghetti and homemade bread sticks and salad
-pizza and salad
-Corned beef and cabbage with potatoes
-chicken stew and rolls
-lentil soup and toast
-Chicken pot pie
-Chili and cornbread
-baked potato bar
-corn chowder and rolls
-chicken enchiladas and Spanish rice
On the menu for the next several days
-Chicken fried steak and potatoes with roasted veggies
-tomato macaroni (our Friday night tradition but only doing it once this month. It's just macaroni noodles, canned Italian style tomatoes and diced up string cheese) with salad
-calzones yep you guessed it... more salad! It's a big hit at our house
-chicken noodle soup and rolls
-tacos and Spanish rice
-turkey wraps and potato salad with cut veggies
-stuffed pork chops and mixed veggies
So that is over two weeks of dinner ideas. I have two more to go. The funny thing is, I never thought about it before but we rarely repeat meals around here so this is not so hard.I think if I go 2 months the real challenge will start. Should I go for two months? hmmm...
Thanks so much for the idea Amber! we are having a blast! You are the best!!
You rock. I'm afraid if I tried to do that I'd end up just not cooking. :)
ReplyDeleteYea, we have not repeated any since I started this either. I thought it sounded like a challenge. Glad you're joining me!!
ReplyDeletewe've moved over to a raw diet - which means essentially just raw veggies and fruits, plus nuts and seeds - so I haven't "cooked" in about a month, well not so long. except I have to learn more dishes to "prepare" because right now we basically just eat salad. Delicious, but my hubby's getting pretty bored. Thankfully I have lots of resources, I just haven't used them yet. Your list is making me very jealous. and hungry.
ReplyDelete