04 April, 2011

My Little Julia Child

Isabella LOVES helping me in the kitchen! She also loves watching cooking shows. We were watching Julie Child the other day (more like back in January!) and Julia was trussing a chicken to rotisserie cook it. Bella was fascinated! She watched the entire episode. I thought it would be fun for school one day to talk about the parts of a chicken and teach her how to truss the chicken herself!

Bella went with me to the store to buy just the right size chicken. We brought it home and prepared it for the rotisserie oven. We have a counter top oven that is pretty amazing. It bakes, broils, has a convection fan, AND a rotisserie!! That thing is amazing! It can hold two 12 inch pizzas on it's two racks or a 5 to 10 pound chicken or  roast, on the rotisserie! Jacob got some high marks for bringing that home!! He got it for me to replace our aging toaster oven. I love it but the ONLY thing it can't do is make toast!! Well, back on subject... Bella remembered that Julia rubbed the chicken down with butter, so that is what she did!





We used non dairy butter so Bella would not have issues.


She really had fun! We then salt and peppered it and trussed it up and stuck it on the metal rod and in the oven it went. 2 hours later we had one amazing chicken for dinner! Bella even went so far as to make microwave baked potatoes and canned green beans. She was so proud of herself for making dinner! Such a big girl!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, can I just say you have one amazing girl there!! Way to go bella!! I am teaching my younger kids more about cooking too. Somehow some of their "education" was neglected as I was busy trying to make sure the older kids knew all they had to in order to be functioning adults. Now I am "repenting" and teaching them how to do the things the older kids previously did, like cleaning, and cooking. I taught Holly how to make mac&cheeze yesterday. So more power to ya and keep up the good work. And again WAY TO GO BELLA!!!

    ReplyDelete