25 August, 2009

Dr. Appointment...

We took Iyla to the Pediatrician on Monday to get the burns looked at and see if we needed to go to the burn center or not. Jacob had to work so Stephanie came with me to help me carry the baby around. I still can't really pick her up yet so I needed someone to help. She willingly volunteered and her husband watched Isabella. I was REALLY grateful for that since I don't want Isabella to see her sister hurt like she is.

We got to the apt early but still had to wait about an hour to see the doctor. I HATE waiting for doctors. I know, I know it's not there fault but it just bugs be when I have a baby who wants to walk around so much and I have to keep her still so she won't slip and fall on the floor because she has a bandaged foot.

When the Dr came in and saw how bad Iyla's hand is she got kinda mad that the ER Dr. did not send us to the burn unit right away. She redressed the burns and gave us prescriptions for the supplies we would need to take care of her wounds, new pain meds and a referral the the Burn Center at St. Joesph Hospital in Tacoma.

So we took the first prescription to the pharmacy at the Safeway by our house. I knew they would have the pain meds. We dropped it off and went to Kirks Medical Supply to get all of the bandages, gauze, and wrappings we would need to care for the wounds. They had everything but the ointment and the saline. They told us to go to the pharmacy in Shop-Ko and they would have what we needed. Off to Shop-Ko we went. It was great for me since I got a chance to see Jacob in his ultra cool Shop-Ko Uniform complete with pricing scanner and mobile printer!! Jacob was able to keep Iyla entertained while I handled the paperwork since we have never filled prescriptions there before. We found out that our insurance, however great it is, does not cover saline. I guess it is cheaper to make it then is to buy it. 1 quart of the stuff is $50.00!!! I kind of don't blame them. Making it at home is very easy.It is basically boiling distilled water and salt. We were able to get the ointment and then went back to Safeway to get Iyla's pain meds and finally were able to pick up Bella and go home.

Iyla's apt was for 9:45 in the morning and we going home at 12:45 in the afternoon. Weren't home 15 minutes when the Relief Society President and her daughter were here to watch the girls so I could go to my first Physical/Massage Therapy appointment. It was really nice to be able to focus on me for a little bit.

When I got home the Burn Center called and got us an appointment for 9am Tuesday morning to get things started there. They just told us to make sure she has had her meds and we'll go from there. I have no idea what to expect and I am a little concerned that we are going to be spending a lot of time in Tacoma but if it is what is needed to get Iyla better then I am going to do it. I am sure we will have more answers after the appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment