This is her head. The small burn over her eyebrow blistered and popped overnight. But the Dr. thinks it won't scar. I hope he's right!

This is a really fuzzy picture of her inner elbow. It looks a lot better just one day out!

This is her left foot. We were kind of surprised the blisters did not burst yet but the Dr. is sure they will soon. It also looks WAY better. She can walk just fine. and has full range of motion in her foot.

Here is a few pictures of her hand. They did a lot of de-breeding. Which just means they pulled off a lot of dead skin, popped the new blisters that formed and let her hand drain for about 20 minutes.

This is a picture of the inside of Iyla's hand. The nurse was washing the wounds with saline after the Dr. cut away some of the dead skin. I know it looks angry but she was actually sleeping while this was going on. Although I do have to mention she is on major pain meds.

After the nurse was done she went and got an ER tech to come bandage Iyla's hand. I know he meant well but he did a HORRIBLE job. he barely put any ointment and did not even put gauze on her fingers and wrapped her burns with the outer wrap. On her foot he put two over sleeves and NO ointment. Not to mention he did not put any ointment on ANY of her other burns on her head. We were so angry and after he left we got the nurse and had her redo the whole thing.
I can't tell you how much this has changed my outlook on everything. I am so blessed for modern medicine and good insurance! Iyla has a Dr. apt tomorrow and her pediatrician will decide if she feels comfortable doing the burn care or not. We still might have to go up to the Burn unit at Harborview. That is a hospital is Seattle. they are the only level 3 trauma center in the tri state area. I guess St. Joesph Hospital in Tacoma has a burn unit as well with a pediatric unit. I think we might at last have to go for physical therapy. The ER Dr. is worried about her range of motion in her hand.
I can only hope at this point and pray that she will recover soon. We have decided to postpon her friends birthday party until she is well enough. we will have a small family party. I don't know right now. It is really hard to plan anything. Everything hangs on Iyla's apt tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
I'm soooo sorry to hear about Iyla's accident. My heart just aches for that poor little girl. We will keep her and the rest of your family in our prayers.
ReplyDeletei am glad to see her speedy recovery and i hope that a miracle happens with the physical therapy so that everything can be normal, if not better than normal...jesus can do anything so all you have to do is lean on him. if you decide you need help planning iylas bday get together let me know and i will be there in a hop and a skip!
ReplyDelete♥ ac