We are having fun harvesting fresh produce from our garden. We had planted tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, parsley, basil, and cilantro. All but the cilantro sruvived and we have been enjoying the fruits of our labor! We have made yummy pickles with our many lemon cucumbers and had loveley salads with the tomatoes and cucumbers. The basil and parsley have come in handy for all sorts of cooking projects and we have even discovered new ways (at least for us) of using them.
Isabella loves going out and picking the tomatoes. We took the camara out with us the other day and got a few shots of our little wannabe farmer! You can't see it but there are a few toamtoes and cucumbers in the princess bucket she is holding.
Here is a close up of Isabella mastering the art of tomato picking.
It's not much but we have had so much fun with our tiny garden this summer. It will be sad when we are done but with this warm weather we still ahve a few tomatoes left to ripen. For ideas on what to do with some summer produce still needing to be used up, check out my helpful hints blog.
Yea, my garden is winding down too. I have carrots left, a couple of peppers, and of course the pumpkins are still there. However, the point is that I am almost done too.
ReplyDeleteI wish we had room to grow some tomatoes. That is something that makes me have to go back to the grocery store a lot - I always want fresh tomatoes. (But once I'm in the store, I suddenly want a lot more than just tomatoes!) Next year we might rent a plot on one of the farms around here.
ReplyDelete