Last saturday Isabella participated in her first gymnastics meet. She was so excited! We got her a brand new leotard (a leo for those in the know!!) to mark this special day. We did her hair up just like all of the big girls complete with clips all over the back of her head.
I also took her to the drug store and got her glitter to put in her hair. And to complete the look, we painted her toes bright pink to match! Isabella loved the attention so much. After all of the stuff that has happened around here I think she really needed a day that was all about her.
Here she is posing for the camera. One of her favorite past times!!
Let the games begin! Most of the pictures were really dark and I have not had a chance to edit them all but here are some of the best! This picture is of Isabella vaulting!
Safe landing!!
At the end of the meet all of the kids got to stand in the first place spot. The all recived a metal, award and a tee shirt.
First Place goes to
ISABELLA GIFFORD!!!
More posing!
She is so proud of herself
This is a picture of Isabella and a fellow gymnast. Way to go girls!
Even Iyla wanted in on the fun. Here she is trying to get on the balance beam.
6 more months until Iyla is big enough to start gymnastics too!
After the meet was over we took the girls to McDonalds for a well a deserved ice cream cone. Isabella too no time in making as big of a mess as possible.
This one was a 10 baby wipe job!!!
Iyla got the enjoy the spoils of victory as well and had her first ice cream cone. Let me tell you, it was a
BIG HIT!!!
We topped off Isabella's big day with a trip to Long Lake for some swimming time. We had a great time that day and I am sure we made memoried the will last a lifetime!!
Those are cute pictures. I love all those little curls! I love Long Lake. That's where my mom used to take us before we moved to Olympia. I think that's where I learned to "swim." (aka not drown)
ReplyDeleteOhhhh so cute!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful gymnast Isabella is! She looks so sophisticated in her leo and with all those barrettes. (BTW, I was not in the know about "leo" but thanks for helping me get up to date.) She really knows how to work the camera!
ReplyDeleteIyla is growing up so fast!