This fall has been a whirlwind for our family. Some much fun, so much heart, so much happiness, so much wondering. From Halloween to harvesting the garden to my medical stuff it has been crazy! We have been taking it all in stride and trying to make the best out of every situation we have found ourselves in. I love my little family and am so grateful for every second I have with them.
I had surgery about 2 weeks ago to have something removed from my uterus. We were on pins and needles until we found out that it was not cancer! WHEW!! Big relief!! The best news was we are still able to have more children if we want to. I can't tell you just how excited I am about that. I don't know if we will be rushing to have another but the fact that we can is very comforting.
Halloween was very fun in our house. I think I had more fun this year then the past few years. Holidays with Isabella are twice as fun as before that little girl was in my life! Watching her have so much fun and start to share that joy with her sister brings me so much joy.
We are now in the process of getting our hearts and minds prepared for the Christmas season. I think the best way to do that is by counting our VERY many blessings. I think that celebrating our blessings and taking time to show gratitude and thankfulness before a season of giving makes so much sense. Taking an inward inventory of all that we have and all that we are makes us more open and willing to give. We have been trying to teach Isabella the joy of giving. For a 3 year old it is a very hard concept to grasp but I am hopeful that she will learn from mine and her father's example.
Our little family may have been down these past few months but we are not out! We are in it to win it, as they say, and are up for anything. It is so hard to see where the future will take us; but knowing that we are a forever family helps us to know we can conquer ANTHING together! I love my family and can't wait to spend forever with them.
:) me too!!
ReplyDelete