So, BOTH girls are sick right now. I know that's not breaking news in a house full of small children but what is interesting is they are NOT sick with the same thing! I know! That sounds CRAZY!! Usually when a sickness goes thorugh a family they all take turns having the same illness then eventually everyone is back to normal again. Well, we are not so lucky around here (not that anyone is lucky when they get sick. It's not like people say, YAY the flu picked ME!!!).
Iyla woke up on sunday morning not feeling well at all. She had a fever and her eye was kinda red. We kept her home from church and let her just hang out around the house for the day. Towards the end of the day I noticed she was getting "boogers" in her eye. I kept wiping them out of her eye and washing my hand alot. I thought she might be getting conguntivitius. That is a VERY contagious bacteria and I really did not want two kid with that let alone one so I was ceaning like crazy and Iyla was hand sanitized about a million times that night. As I put her to bed I was dreading what she was going to look like when she woke up. I knew her eye would be sealed shut and I was really concerned that she would spread it to her other eye.
In the morning my fears were confirmed! Her eyes were sealed shut and just caked with nastiness. Also her nose was caked over and she was having a hard time breathing. So I went to action and got her all cleaned up. It was 7:30am and the DR office did not open until 8 (of course!) so I decided to check my comments on facebook. I had posted that Iyla was sick and I was going to give her some breastmilk I had in the deep freeze in the hope of her getting better quicker, One of Jacob's friends said that putting the breastmilk into her eye would clear up any infection. I thought that was really strange but I was desperate so I googled topical uses for breast milk and found several supporting articles. So I decided to try it. I called a friend who is still nursing her baby and she brought over some breastmilk for us. I put some in a medicine dropper and put one drop in each eye and then squirted the rest in her mouth for good measure and crossed my fingers.
Not 30 minutes later her eye was clear an looking back to normal! I was stunned! I could not believe it worked! I still called the DR to get meds to completly clear it up. Whe we got the the DR wo found out she had a double ear infection!! The infaection we so fast moving that it was effecting her eyes too. We started her right away on the antibiotic and in a day or so she was starting to feel better.
Things were just fine on Tuesday but by Wednesday Iyla had developed a cough. I was worried the infection had gone to her lungs and was worried about her getting pnumionia. Isabella had woken up that morning with some goop in her eye and was not feeling well. So back to the DR we went. Iyla was indeed getting better. The meds were thinning out the mucus and that was irritating her and causing her to cough. The DR looked Isabella over and didn't see anything wrong. She did give us antibiotic eye drops to clear up whatever was in her eye.
We were satisified with that and everyone seemed ok... until thrusday afternoon. Isabella woke up from her nap complaining that her throat hurt and she was not swallowing. She was just drooling all over the place. I went to give her a hug and she as really warm. I took her temp and it was almost 103!! We gave her some tylonel and tried to get her to drink anything! It didn't work to well.
In the morning she was throwing up, well it was more like drty heaving since she didn't eat anything the night before. I called the Dr and they had us come in right away. Jacob came home from work for support. Turned out Isabella has Strep Throat and the start of an ear infection! So both girls are on antibiotics. Both are diferent and for diferent reasons!
We are going to stay home from church again today just to give the girls more time to rest and to make sure Isabella does not get half the nursrey sick right before Thanksgiving!
So, that had been our week! I have been playing nurse and Jacob has been our #1 bottle washer and all around back up guy! Thank goodness I have Jacob! He is the best husband and father EVER!! I am so grateful for him and how supportive and loving he is. He always knows just when to sweep us up and cuddle us and make us feel better. I love that guy!!
That is so not fun!! I sure do hope that the girls are feeling better now :)
ReplyDelete