Hello all! I just wanted to give a small update since I have not been blogging too much due to my broken foot. Both girls are sick at the moment. Iyla was first then passed it on to her sister, who then gave it back to Iyla again. It is so not fun trying to care for two sick kids while dealing with a broken foot. I can't move very fast and it's hard to stand for a long time and Iyla really likes to be carried around when she is sick.
My foot is healing I think because it's almost itchy. I have never broken a bone before so I really don't have anything to compare it to. This boot the DR gave me is too big and it's hard to keep my foot from wiggling around in it.
As my would have been due date approches (feb 28th) it is getting hard not to think about it. I am trying to stay positive but having to rest because of my foot gives me WAY to much time to think. And it doesn't help that most of my girlfriends are pregnant. I am so excited for them but really sad for me. When I say most I am talking at least 15 of my friends on facebook are pregnant at the moment. every time I log on there is another picture of an ultrasound or a comment about morning sickness. It's so different for me this time around. With my first miscarriage I was pregnant again right away. This time I am not. And my the looks of things it's going to be a while before I can even work on it. So I have to just let time pass and focus on other things.
Jacob's job is doing great and he really loves it. He is also having fun with his calling at church. He taught Sunday School a few weeks ago and did a great job!
Iyla is turning 18 months next week and then she can start Nursery! It is going to be very exciting not having to wander the halls with a fussy baby anymore!!
Hang in there girl, this too shall pass. At least that is my motto for hard times. Love ya
ReplyDeleteI know this doesn't make it any better, but for me at least, it did make it easier... It seems like everyone I know is having/has had miscarriages lately. I had one about 6 weeks ago. I didn't really understand them until I experienced my own, and even then I know that each miscarriage is a little different. It has opened my eyes, and made me so grateful for my two children. My due date would have been September 6th, so I've got a long time to think about it. hopefully I'll be pregnant again before then, but it really is all in God's hands.
ReplyDeleteon another topic: high school reunion. So are you going? I might go if I know that enough people I WANT to see will be there, (AKA you.) Let me know if you are going and if you know other people who are going too. I am torn as to whether to attend or not. I see a lot of positives and a lot of negatives. anyway, send me an email. aemock@gmail.com
Anna