04 June, 2010

I know, I know, I know...

I deserve a HUGE tongue lashing for not posting in so long! I guess I just got out of the habit and all of a sudden lost interest in blogging all together. It might sound weird but I really think it was because I had that stupid boot on my foot! You know when you get a boot put on your car for a parking infraction so they can tow it later? That is how I felt with the boot on my foot. Stuck. I felt totally and completely stuck. Stuck in my life, in my calling at Church, in my relationship with my husband. I really felt like I could not go forward and live my life at all. It was hard to walk, drive, take care of my kids let alone my house. It's amazing to me now that I felt that way then, but I did. I had that boot on my foot until the end of April. I had been looking so forward to getting that boot off for so long and when I finally did nothing changed! I still felt the same. For the first time I could not just will myself to feel better. I was shocked. So naturally I went to my knees and prayed for a way to get out of my funk and start being to kind of wife, mother, and friend the Lord wanted me to be. I know he was listening because very soon after that our lives changed completely!!!

We got ourselves a big change, or more rightly, we are in the middle of a huge change. We are buying a house! And not just any house, but a house 35 minutes away from where we used to live. Not only will we be attending another ward but it will be in another stake. We are moving to a new town as well. We thought we would be in the house by now but we are still waiting to close.


Live has been crazy for us these past few months. The girls are growing like weeds! Here are some updates I have neglected to share with you

  •  Iyla started Nursery!! She has gone for a few months now and does really well. The teachers were awesome and really took a liking to her. 
  • Iyla is also drinking out of a "big girl" cup! 
  • We switched back to cloth diapers and Iyla is really enjoying it! It works so much better for her skin. I have not had to use diaper cream since the switch!!
  • Isabella had a birthday! She is now 4 years old! Her birthday party was a smashing success as usual. IT was a Princess tea party. 16 children attended and from what I have heard from the parents, all of the kids had a great time.
  • In school Isabella is getting really good at her Italian! She can count to 20, she knows all of her colors, and a lot of animals. She is learning to say a meal prayer in Italian as well. Isabella is also getting really good a writing her letters. She has trouble with the letter S the numbers 2 and 5 but she can write all the others! She is starting to learn to spell her name and a few other words like N-A-P,P-O-P,  D-E-S-S-E-R-T, B-A-T-H ,all of the important words Jacob and I spell to each other!! She is about half way through Kindergarten, right on track since we are doing Kindergarten for 2 years.
  • I cut my hair. It's not a huge difference in length but has some desperately needed layers. It's been a long time since I have actually enjoyed a hair cut for so long.
  • Jacob is doing very well at work and I couldn't be prouder of him!

I don't have a way to post pictures at the moment since our computer is packed up with most everything else we own! But once we get settled I will get some up. I hope you all are doing well and if I forgot anything I am sorry. Type ya later!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you came back to the blogging world. I was beginning to wonder where you went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leahona, I am so glad to see you blogging again. Believe it or not, I love to see what you have been up too. It make me feel like a part of your life to be able to read what is going on and to see the pictures that you share. Sometimes living so far away from each other is a bummer, so I am glad you are feeling better and sharing again!!
    love you sis!
    am

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so understand "the funk." The key, besides prayer of course, is to remember that it can and it it will end. I'm excited for your new house!

    Are you teaching Isabella Italian?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob is teaching Isabella Italian. I am learning by default since she has pretty much stopped using English words for there Italian counterpart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go super mommy! You are so special to our Father in Heaven and I am glad you ask for His help when you know you need it. He wants to help us and bless us. I am so excited for you and your family. A house!! It will be so fun and an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete