Well, after not blogging for so long one gets to thinking, well, that wasn't a very blogworthy day, but Saturday was one of those days that turned out to be crazy enough for a few blogs at least! But since I don't have picture posting ability at the moment I think I can get it all out in one posting.
Saturday was going to be a fun packed day. We had lots planed and I was really excited to get going. At 10 in the morning we went to ta Birthday party for one of Isabella's friends. The girls had a blast! Iyla even tried to play duck duck goose (Cinderella, Cinderella, Mouse of this party!) Afterward we met up with a few of our very good friends for lunch at Sizzler. Sizzler is by far my favorite restaurant to take my family. Not only are the girls young enough to eat free but the salad bar is full of fresh fruits and veggies which makes it so easy for me to make sure Bella gets a dairy free meal.We always have fun there. After the meal we went to Tumwater falls park for the Rotary Club's Annual Duck Dash.For those of you not from around here, the Duck Dash is a really great fundraiser. People can buy a ticket for 5 dollars with a number the corresponds to a rubber ducky. At 4 o'clock they lift a huge crate full of rubber duckies over the falls and drop them. at the end of the falls they have a net and the first 15 duckies the cross the finish line win amazing prizes. Well, we didn't win anything as usual but we were glad to help the Rotary club fund scholarships.
Our day was going just fine at this point. My brother and my mom watched our girls so Jacob and I could go to a birthday party for one of our cousins. We went to a very loud Mexican restaurant. There was no way to hear the cell phone in that place and I am not the best at checking it often. After we finished our amazing dinner I was wondering what time is was and took a look at the cell phone and I had 2 texts from my brother that said *CALL NOW* and *CALL MOM STAT!!** Of course I flipped out! I ran out of the restaurant and called to find out that Iyla had pushed a chair over to a high shelf and climbed up and got into the reed diffuser and drank the oil!!! They had taken Iyla to the ER and just got finished with the DR and she was going to be ok but was really upset. We left as politely as we could and drove the the hospital as fast as we could! I was amazed I didn't get a ticket driving 80 on the freeway! By the time we got to the ER Iyla had just been discahrged with an order to drink as much milk as she could stand. I rushed over to her and scooped her up in my arms and after she stopped crying she threw up ALL over me!! Ahh gotta love those mom momnets! But at least it smelled like cinnamon! We took her home and cuddled her all night through all of her coughing fits. The Cinnamon oil was really irritating to her. By sunday afternoon she was back to normal, thank goodness!
What a day! By the time it was over it felt like 2 days!! We love our Iyla very much but man, can she get herself into a pickle!!
well, at least most of the day was good and it all turned out great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming to my birthday party. I am so glad everything was all right. Thank you for the gift. I needed a new bowl. I never seem to have enough of those. Love Dawn
ReplyDelete