21 October, 2009

Real Answers!

So these past few months since I had the miscarriage, I have just not been myself. I have been tired and sluggish. MY hair has been falling out and I have had lots of "girly" issues. I didn't give much thought to any on this since I was WAY more focused with Iyla and her burns.




I went to a WIC Apt and they reclassified me as postpartum since I lost our baby. They did a regular iron finger poke test and the numbers were kind of high. I decided to check it out online and I learned that having high iron can cause the symptoms I was experiencing. So I called up my Dr. and scheduled an apt. They took a lot of blood and checked for everything. In the end they found out that my vitamin D levels are very low and I need to take a REALLY strong pill once a week for the next 3 months and hopefully that will get my levels back to normal and can start taking a MUCH smaller daily multivitamin.



As for my "girly" issues, it turned out to be an incomplete miscarriage. I am taking 2 birth control pills a day to try to jumpstart things and chemically clean it out so I don't have to have a DnC. I also had an ultrasound to see just what is going on in there. I should get the results of that soon.



I am so glad I have a reason why I am feeling this way and a way to fix it. I just want to get to feeling like myself and have the energy to do the things I want to. This coupled with me finishing up Physical therapy will help get me where I want to be. I am walking more and really focused on getting myself where I need to be to hopefully have another baby soon! I know there is a little spirit up there in heaven destined for our little family!


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you found out what is going on. I am surprised however that your Dr. didn't take the time to make sure that your miscarriage was complete. I am usually on the low end of the nutrient spectrum too.

    ReplyDelete