07 December, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

It's that time of year again. Time to take a step back and think about how blessed we are. And let me tell you, I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving.

Leahona's Thankful List 2009
  • The Gospel and how it has blessed my life
  • My husband, what a rock he has been these past few months
  • Isabella and Iyla, they bring so much joy to my life
  • My mother for her loving guidance and support
  • My extended family. I just love all of my in-laws. They are such a constant reminder of my eternal family and what I have to look forward too in the rest of forever!
  • Our home. It may not be much but it's where we can be a family and keep our children safe and warm and teach them all they need to know
  • My education. Getting education is so important. I am so glad I went into early childhood education and development. It has been such a blessing to have that knowledge and use it to be the best mom I can be for our girls
  • having transoprtation. Every time I see a mom puching a stroller filled with bundled up kids and loaded down with groceries I say a prayer of thankfulness that I can transport my family and goods in warmth and comfort.
  • Empolyment!!! Even though these are lean times and everyone, including employers, are cutting back, Jacob and I are still able to provide for our girls.
  • My AMAZING friends. I can not express my love and graditude for my loving friends. With everything that has happened, they have been there. Even something as simple as a phone call when I was down has been so helpful. It's nice to know you are not alone during adverity.
  • All of my doctors who helped me get through the miscarriage and surgery with love and concern. I was taken care of so well and thanks to there skill, we are still able to have more babies someday.
  • The St. Joeseph Medical Center Burn Unit and Iyla's doctors and nurses. All of the medical staff at the burn center were amazing with our baby. Iyla is healed now but we will never forget our time with those amazing angels who works so hard to help burned children.
As I sat at Thanksgiving dinner, these and many other things came to my memory. I have been so richly blessed this past year. I really love taking the time to count my blessings. It makes it easier to bear the hard times.

Our Thanksgiving dinner this year was really yummy. I did all the cooking myself this year and boy was I tired when we were done. The menu was...
  • Roasted Turkey
  • Stuffing (I made 2 kinds)
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Brussel sprouts
  • Steamed carrots
  • cranberry sauce (3 kinds)
  • baked yams
  • candied yams
  • rolls
  • pumpkin pie (3)
  • Cheery Pie



Wheew! Even reading tht list makes me tired!! It was an amazing day and I am so glad I was able to spend it with those I love.



Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!



2 comments:

  1. its so nice to be able to reflect on our blessings...looking forward to what you will put in your cmas letter this year!

    ♥ ac

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete