We made Gingerbread houses on Monday night. It was a lot of fun! The girls did a great job. Since they are both still so young I didn't want to make things too complicated so I iced the graham crackers onto quart milk cartons. I stuck them in the fridge to quick set during our family night lesson.
This is the candy we used. We have Jelly beans, assorted hard candies and ju ju fish, which turned out to be Iyla's FAVORITE!! The trays are from tv dinners. I saved then for lunches and stuff. I know they are not Tupperware but they can go in the microwave which is just fine for me!
The artists... ready to assemble a masterpiece!!!! we took their table and stuck it in the kitchen for easy clean up. It's so cute to see them both sitting there! I still can't get over the fact that Iyla is big enough to sit in a chair by herself! Where has the time gone???
Iyla was WAY excited about the candy. I could barely get her to put on any candy. She kept putting it in her mouth!
Meanwhile Isabella was working very hard on her house. we used her Silk Soy Nog carton so her house had a chimeny!
Here is Bella with her completed house! Posing as usual!
Here is Iyla trying to eat candy off her house! I think this is a great picture of her. You can really see her long eyelashes. We were having very dry waether that day and Iyla's hair felt it. You can always tell the humidity outside by looking at her hair. She is going to hate it when she grows up!!
We had a great time that night and we are really enjoying this Christmas season!







Fun, fun fun!!! I never really got into decorating gingerbread, but I sure enjoy looking at them!
ReplyDeletegood idea to use the silk containers!
ReplyDelete♥ ac