17 February, 2011

Coming Home...

To understand the total excitement of this post I have to first tell you a little bit about the circumstances surrounding going home with my first two children. With Isabella I was released from the hospital 3 days before Isabella was. So I went from my room to the Special Care Nursery to be with her. We stayed in a room there for 3 days until we were finally able to take her home. I walked, slowly, to the car and home we went. It was really hard for me to see the mom's with there babies being wheeled out to there cars holing there new babies and I didn't get to do that.

When we had Iyla, again we had to go to the special care nursery. On our way there I was a little tired and really sore and a nurse asked me if I wanted a wheel chair. At that moment the lady in the room next to us was leaving with her baby in a wheel chair. I broke down in tears and said "I don't get a wheel chair" I was devastated that once again I was not getting to go home as scheduled and I had to do the walk of shame to the nursery. Luckily, It was only overnight. Jacob knew I really wanted my wheel chair ride so he talked with the hospital staff and arranged a wheel chair ride for me. It was so thoughtful for him to have done that for me but deep down I really wanted to go home with my baby on the same day I am discharged. I know it's not the biggest deal in the world but I was sure it would never happen for me.

Now fast forward to this time around. Imagin is one healthy girl! She never once had to leave my side to go anywhere. She does have a bit of jaundice but not enough to have to go under the lights like Iyla did. On the day I was scheduled to leave Imagin was cleared to go home too! I was thrilled, shocked and very excited!!




Here is a picture of Imagin getting her hearing tested. She passes with flying colors by the way!




This is a first for us, we have never gotten a baby ready to go home in our room. They didn't even do the car seat stress test cause we were not leaving from the Special care Nursery.

 She is so cute with that cupcake hat. My dear friend Stephanie gave us the hat she made herself.

We cut off the bracelets and were free to go home. And guess what... I got my wheelchair ride.

2 comments:

  1. so great! i'm glad she's so healthy and super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for wheelchair rides!! She looks so super tiny in her car seat! But she's super cute.

    ReplyDelete