Tuesday, February 1st started out as most days around here. We got up, made breakfast ands got dressed. I was not feeling too well that day. Nothing sounded good to eat. I was kind of sick to my tummy. I managed to get down a half a bowl of oatmeal. most of the morning the girls sat on the couch watching movies. I had no energy! I put the girls down for there nap around 1 or so and got on Facebook to chat with one of my friends. Around 2:30 I started to have contractions. I thought it was just because I was sitting up on the couch. I adjusted a bit but they didn't stop I started to notice the contractions were pretty regular so I started to time them. They were coming every 4 to 8 mins and were about a minute long. by 4:00 I was started to get a bit worried. I called Jacob. He was helping my mom with some stuff. I told him about the contractions and he and my mom rushed home. At Jacob's pushing I called my Dr. office. the Nurse told me to drink two big glasses of water and lay down on my left side to see if I could get them to stop. If they didn't stop I would have to go into the hospital. Well, I did as I was told and laid down after I drank the water. I had 6 more contractions at 4 mins apart being a minute or more long. So we called the Hospital and they told me to come in right away.
Now as you might have read from the last post this was not on our plan. This is Feb. 1st NOT Feb. 8th!!! I had already arranged for Kelly to take the girls for the time we were going to be in the hospital. I called her up and told her what was going on and she was awesome and said to just bring them over and we would work everything out later. I didn't know if the hospital was going to just give me a shot to make the contractions stop or if they would go ahead and deliver the baby early.
Jacob was running around the house packing up the girls and then I remembered I didn't pack for the hospital yet since I thought I had an entire week left before the baby was going to come. So Jacob stepped it up and got everything for me and the baby for the hospital. I didn't know what was going to happen but I had a feeling that I should just get packed. So I was on the bed contracting and Jacob is flying through the house packing frantically and the girls are freaking out cause the baby is coming! My mom was a saint and took the girls into the living room to play so they would be distracted.
We loaded everyone up in the car and off we went to drop the girls off at Kelly's house. We live in Bucoda and Kelly lives in Yelm so it was a 20 min drive to her house. Then on to the hospital in Olympia, another 20 mins. We finally go to the hospital at around 7:45ish. They hooked me up to the monitors and since I was in the car I didn't keep track of the contractions. They were 45 seconds apart and lasting about 1 1/2 mins long. They checked me again and I was still dialated to a 1. The nurses monitored me for a little while and they told me a Dr. from my Dr's practice was there and would come and see me. I was a little nervous about making the decision to have the baby or not without my normal Dr. I like all of the Dr.'s in the office but I REALLY like my Dr. To my relief and just by happy accident My Dr. walked in the room. It just happened to be her night on call!! I was so glad she was there. She checked me again and I had dialited to a 2 1/2 or so. We decided to have the baby that night.
After the call was made thing got moving very fast! I was so excited that our baby was really coming! And a full week earlier then planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment