Right before I was to go into the O. R. for the C-section I really had to pee. So they handed Jacob the IV bag and off we went to the bathroom. After I was done "taking care of buisness" I remembered that I hadn't gotten a blessing and I really felt like I needed one. I asked Jacob and right there in the bathroom of the Hospital Jacob gave me a blessing. I felt so much more at peace and I knew in my heart everything was going to be fine.
The one and ONLY picture I am going to put online of my pregnant tummy!
Hand in hand Jacob and I walked to the O.R. I was lead into the room and they started getting everything ready. I had forgotten just how cold O.R.'s are. The nurses were so kind and gentle. The aneseteiologist was very persice and after he got the spinal block in he tilted the table so I was leaning a bit head down to get the meds flowing. When he did that the baby turned transverse! (That means laying sideways, not head down) Of course we didn't know that at the time. Jacob was brought in and they started the c-section. The Dr had a hard time getting the baby out. because the baby was transverse the Dr had to go fishing so to speak to try and get the baby out. The baby in turn twisted and the Dr. ended up having to take the baby out feet first!! "IT'S A GIRL" they said! She cried right away and did just fine from the start. They even let Jacob hold her the whole time they were sewing me up. She is the most beautiful baby. Her apgars were 8 and 9 which is very good. They were a little concerned about her lungs being matured seeing as how she was 13 days early, but they are just fine. They finished up and the Dr. came over to talk with me about the condition of my uterus. in another blogpost I talked about the desision we were going to face during this section in regards to if we are going to be able to have anymore kids. The Dr. told me that everything looked great and we are more then ok to have another baby in a few years is we would like to; that there is no medical reasons to no have any more children. We were very happy.
She weighed in at a record breaking 6 pounds 12 oz. She is the smallest baby we have ever had!!
This is the first time I was able to hold her. She is so little! I love it!!
They wheeled me into recovery and it was not long until I was able to nurse her for the first time.
How wonderful! What a beautiful story, and happy baby! Congratulations again and again! Let me know what painting you want and I'll make one for you! SO happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI love her! She is so adorable. Congratulations again. What a sweet little blessing.
ReplyDelete