08 February, 2011

My Last Dr. Appointment

Last Monday the 31st of January was my last Dr appointment before my scheduled c section on the 8th of February. For some reason the scheduling worked out that this appointment was only 5 days after my previous one. In that time I lost a pound and a half and dilated to a 1! I was stunned! Last week the Dr told me there was no way this baby was going to come early let alone anytime before my scheduled c section! I know being dilated to a one is not a huge deal. woman walk around dilated to a 1 up to a 3 for weeks before they have there baby. But I was still kind of excited. And a little nervous, this being my 3rd c section they did not want me to go into labor for fear the stress might rupture my uterus.  The Dr. was confident that the baby still had a while before she would want to come. I was 38 weeks and 2 days at the appointment. It was fun, We got to hear to baby's heartbeat one more time and talked about how we wanted to section to go. It was a very productive appointment and I left feeling very reassured that things were going well and I was looking forward to this last week to get things ready for baby. Little did I know what was to come next!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! I just had my 38 week 3 day appointment. I hope I have your luck and my baby comes tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete