The question, "Have you been getting enough rest?" Has been the #1 question I have been asked since the baby has been born. It got me wondering how people define rest. Is rest getting 8 hours of sleep a night? Is rest taking several naps a day? Or is rest sitting back with you legs up? If the answer to any of those questions is "yes", then I would have to say, "no, I an not getting enough rest!" But then agian, having a two year old and a new baby can kind of be time consuming.
Time in genreal changes so much when you have small children. It is such a different experience when they are different ages. When I was a preschool teacher I could handle 14 two year olds for 8 or so hours a day. While it gave me a lot of skills for preparing to be a mother, it did not help with the age difference. I guess it will just take... TIME!!!
trust me, you probably will never get enough rest ever again. but then again, maybe once all the kids are gone. see what we have to look forward to in 20 years!
ReplyDelete