21 October, 2008

Iyla's Blessing Day PT 1


This past weekend we blessed our baby. It was really a great day. We had a good number of Giffords come. Since none of Jacob's immediate family live close, we were not able to have them come. But, we had some cousins, aunt's and uncle's attend. Jacob did a great job with the blessing. I am so grateful to have a husband with the preisthood and the ability to give our children blessings when they need them.
After the church service we had a little party at our house. Here is a picture of the spread. I think I did a pretty good job. We had apple cider punch, pumpkin cookies and chocolate chip cookies, a veggie platter, strawberries with warm chocolate dipping sauce, and triple chocolate fudge cake topped wit cherries and almonds.
We did not realize it at the time but we did not have any pictures of the baby in her blessing gown. I will be taking some photos this week and will share them with you then.

1 comment:

  1. I would have so come! Wish you all lived closer. However, I would love living on the coast too. When I came for your wedding, I realized how much I missed Washington.
    am

    ReplyDelete