11 October, 2008

Personal Milestone

When you have a baby it is always so fun to watch them achieve developmental milestones. Focusing their eyes, holding their head up, rolling over etc. With Isabella I was so focused on her that I never really paid attention to any of the milestones of my own. Well, this time around things are gonna be different! Today, I went to the Lacey Children's Fair with BOTH girls by myself. We had a great time. I'll talk more about it on another posting.

Also, on Wednesday, not to brag too much, I was getting dressed and noticed my maternity jeans I have been wearing since I had Iyla were starting to get harder to cinch up. So, on a whim I got out some of my pre baby clothes and tried on a pair of Jeans I have not worn since we found out were going to have a baby. Nervously I pulled the up and to my amazement... they were big on me!!! I was so excited.

Even though I was as big as a house with Iyla, I did not gain more then 10 pounds. I worked really hard and stuck to the diet in the What to expect book. So far not only is my baby weight gone, I have lost an additional 20 pounds. I know I have a long way to go before I am anywhere close to looking like a supermodel, but I feel really good about what I have accomplished these past 6 weeks.

Along with milestones, another thing I have been thinking about is goal setting. With the weight loss jumpstart I feel almost like I can do anything. I have decided to set an almost unbelivable goal for myself. One that the Leahona a year ago would have never thought was possible. I have decided to do a 5k walk/run next summer. I know it will take alot of hard work but I really think I can do it. And I will of course, share my experiences with you!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, way to go girl! ! ! losing weight is so hard. I am proud of you. keep it up and you will be looking even better than now.
    amb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want pictures! An extra 20 pounds is something to brag about, i still have 25 or 30 pounds to go since Eli was born and he's almost 4! Shout it from the rooftops because that is so exciting! Good luck with your 5K goal, you're braver than I am...

    ReplyDelete