Every mother in the entire world can agree with this statement "Diarrhea is a Verb!" Iyla has had at least 4 blowouts a day for the last 5 days. These are not just your everyday blowouts, we are talking "oh my goodness, I am going to be sick" kind of blowouts. We change clothes, changing pad covers, sheets and mattress covers, blankets, couch covers, and shampoo carpets. It is amazing just how many things in my home are covered in some kind of fabric. I really should be like those 70's mom's who covered everything in plastic. Like I stated earlier, Diarrhea is a verb!!! We are taking Iyla to the Doctor today but I am sure it is just a tummy bug. All of the research I have done states that the bug should be done in 1 to 4 days. Well, I don't think so!! I will let you all know what we find out today at the Dr's.
I think poop/diarrhea is the part of parenthood I can't stand. What's worse is the Laundry. Between the poop, epic spit up we have always dealt with, and Isabella's recent concussion induced potty training regression ( yeah, it can happen), I am a tad overwhelmed with the shear poundage of our laundry. I feel like I am in a mommy war with the laundry. It is a very formidable enemy. It lurks in every nook an cranny of my home. In closets, under beds, hallways, under couches and couch cushions, and in diaper bags. The battle wages on, sometimes we win a battle. The laundry is done, folded and put away. We sit down and take a deep breath, look around and think, "hey, I finally got all of the laundry done" Then at that moment someone poops, throws up, pees themselves, or spills something. Laundry had attacked from behind, I would put up a white flag and surrender... but that's dirty too!!
9:10am April 23rd
*Update*
Iyla's apt went well. She does have some kind of virus and we are giving her pro-biotics to help the poop calm down. We also found out that she has eczema on her face. Poor thing!
ha ha that is hilarious. i hope she isnt seriously ill.
ReplyDelete♥ mrs koelker
Sorry to hear that Iyla has been sick! I hope she is feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what I would do without a washer and dryer in my apartment! (But I may soon find out.)
Been there, done that. Don't envy you one little bit. But it does eventually go away!
ReplyDelete