17 April, 2009

A Hiking We Will Go!!! (and the doctors)

This week for family night we decided to go on a hike. It wasn't at night and it wasn't on Monday, but it was still fun. Iyla loved being outside. Her poor nose got red so I put a hat on her head. I think it helped. We went to Priest Point Park. That park has beach access. Isabella had a blast looking for and collecting seashells. She stuffed her pockets with shells. I just had to take a picture.




We had just came from Preschool Story time at the library. Isabella loves to get a name tag even though she never talks to any of the other children.
Ever the little model, Here is Bella posing with her seashells!



The park has theses wooden swings. We all rode on one. Isabella wanted to take it home with us!! We took a picture instead!

We found this tree that was completely hollow in the bottom. I looked just like Winnie The Poohs house. So of course we HAD to play in it!
After we were done with our hike we went to the playground. Iyla got her first chance to play on a playground swing set. She had a blast. At one point Isabella came over and they swung together.


When Isabella was done swinging she wanted to push her sister on the swings. She soon got board and decided to walk back to the climbing equipment. Jacob was warning her "Bella, Don't walk in front of the swings or you get..." Then it happened. A little girl was swinging and right at the moment she was swinging forward Bella was walking right in front of her swing. And as her Doctor put it "feet meet head, feet win." Bella went flying. Don't worry, She is fine. The playground had such good ground covering she did not even have a bump on her head. We did call her DR.'s just in case. They said unless she started to get sick to her tummy, have a really bad headache or start walking funny or is hard to wake up not to worry. I felt so bad for her. And what's worse is we were taking a video of the baby at the time so we have to whole thing on tape. I will not be putting it on this blog because watching it makes me cringe! Poor thing! So when we left the park We took Bella to get an Ice cream cone.

I know food doesn't heal all wounds but I thought she deserved it. We rested the rest of the day.

Just as a side note. Yesterday while we thought Isabella was taking a nap we heard a very loud bang and then Bella started screaming and crying. We went running in there and she had been jumping on her bed and launched herself and hit her head on her dresser. I felt her head and on the back of her head at the base of her skull, she had a huge soft squishy bump. We immediately put ice on it and I gave her Tylenol. Jacob gave her a blessing and then I called the Dr's office. We got in right away. I was getting concerned as I was driving her to the office. She told me she needed to throw up. Luckily she never did but her tummy still hurt. The Dr. said with hitting her head 2 times in as many days she had suffered a concussion or a mild TBI (traumatic Brain Injury)

We have to keep a close eye on her and she can't do gymnastics for a few weeks but she should be fine. We are going to be doing a lot of resting for the next little while. I am sure she will be fine soon.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! What a week! I was really glad to see the pictures of the park. That is one of the places I remember from being a kid. I remember those swings! Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete