19 April, 2009

Medieval Night!!

Last Night our ward had a really fun activity. It was called medieval times. We all dressed up in period clothing and ate dinner with our fingers, constructed our own castle for our kingdom and participated in Medieval themed games and activities. We had a really great time.


We were part of the red kingdom. When we got there we chose a King and Queen and a royal page and a royal food taster and the kids got to sigh up for activities. There was dragon egg races (plastic egg on a spoon) Jousting (Teens riding on scooters to a chalkboard full of balloons, popping one with a stick and racing back) Riding your trusty steed (Adult men "riding" brooms holding sticks racing to a pols with a ring hanging off, putting the ring on the stick and racing back) and damsel in distress rescuing (women sitting in a chair across the gym and men racing to her, the woman jumping onto a blanket and the men dragging her to the finish line)

This is a picture of Bella's costume. She was the prettiest princess in the land!!






Iyla decided she wanted to dress up too and we found a really fun Snow white costume that was 12 month size. It was really long on her but she made it work. I think she looked smashing!




"Oh no Snow White, don't eat the apple!!"






This is a picture of Isabella and her friend Mackenzie Cornwall. They were having so much fun playing princess. They spent most of the time we were there holding hands and dancing. Too cute!





I did not get a good picture of my outfit but I do have this one of my hairstyle. Braiding it was a lot easier then I though it was. It took me two weeks to decide what I wanted my hair to look like. I think it turned out OK in the end.








We had a wonderful feast too. Fried chicken, (which I must say was really greasy, has it been that long since I have had it?) Sliced french bread, cheese cubes, and grapes.







Jacob was elected to be the Royal Taste Tester. It was his job to try the food to make sure it was not poisoned. Then report back to the King and then we all could eat. The funny past was. they made him wear this huge bib. he he!




Here is a picture of our Kingdom's castle. We won 1st place!!!






And to top the night off, we had some Knight sword play demonstrations by some men in our ward wearing fun battle armor complete with a shield.


When it was all over they tallied up all the point and our Kingdom won the tournament!!

It was very exciting. We are so glad we were able to go!!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool activity! I am going to have to pass that one on! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first looked at the pictures (before I read anything), I thought you and Jacob were into some weird role-playing games!
    Looks like such a fun activity! What a lot of work the activities committee must have put into that!

    ReplyDelete