04 January, 2010

Christmas Eve

On Christmas eve the girls get to open one gift and it's always pajamas. This year I planned on making them but I ran out of time and I didn't want to use staples so I just bought some. I think they are pretty cute! Unlike the picture, Iyla really DID like her jammas! She just didn't like the hpone being taken from her for the hundreth time!




Isabella came up with a great idea. She wanted Grandma to spend the night so when Santa came Grandma could make sure Santa gave her what she asked for!! So funny! We got my mom to paint Christmas nails with us. Now for those of you who don't know, my mother is less then girly. So getting her to paint her nails is about a big a triumph as getting Iyla to put down her cheese stick! But nevertheless, we had a great time! Inbetween Nail coats we were checking Santa's status on Facebook Via NORAD It was very exciting seeing where Santa was while we had fun wuth Grandma.












Iyla did get her nails done but by the time we were all ready for a picture she had moved on the funner times!!


After we were done with nails we snuggled down and read "T'was the Night Before Christmas" and The Christmas story from the Bible. While Jacob read, we let the girls play with one of my Nativities.






After prayer, hugs and kisses the girls set out milk and cookies and notes for Santa and nestled into bed. We stayed up and finished preperations for the morning and watched the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert on PBS. All in all it was an amazing night. Memories were made that will last a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Our Christmas eve was not the traditional one we usually have because we were at Noel's house. It was still great. Looks like you had a wonderful time too!!

    ReplyDelete