I have new friends, old friends and some in between. My 10 year high school reunion is coming up soon and I have been thinking a lot about those times and the people I knew. Someone started a facebook page to start spreading the word about the reunion. After I joined I looked at all the others that have joined as well. I was suprised that I recognized so few of them and those I did, I remebered so strongly how I felt about them way back then. It's amazing to me that after all this time those old feelings can still creep up. On the list I saw former star football players, cheerleaders, fellow choir members, band kids, and everyone in between. I have fond memories of each recoginizable face. I don't know what they all thought of me however. I would hope that when they see my picture a smile comes to their face!
I love the fact that I am married to my best friend. Jacob is the best husband I could ever ask for. He is so supportive and kind and just amazing. I love that he holds the priesthood and we are able to have the priesthood in our home. I love his family. I tell people all the time I have the best in-laws (and I am not just saying that because they read this blog either!!) They are loving and fun and I think they like me too!
I have to say, my life is so richly blessed by my friends. They are there. Period. Any time, day or night. My one hope is that I can be as good of a friend to them as they are to me!
Man, I sure hope that you count me as one of your friends, and not just the pesky sister in law!
ReplyDeleteof course I do!!
ReplyDelete