15 January, 2010

Bread Making Workshop

On Wednesday Kandle and I taught a bread baking workshop at Church. We had a great time and I think everyone who went learned something! At least I hope they did. I am the first to admit I am not a bread expert but along the way, I have learned some pretty cool tips and I love sharing them.
we started out in the kitchen and Kandle showed us how she prepares bread dough for baking. Then we went into the classroom and I talked about how you can make flour out if wheat berries. I showed the ladies how to use wheat grinders of different kinds and talked about yeast tips and that kind of thing.




Here is  the display I made. I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to iron the table cloth. I am not a major prefectionist but it bugs me when I forget to do things that really wanted to do.





I made some of my pumpkin bread and Kandle had some of her bread there and after the meeting we were able to enjoy some really yummy bread.



For all the tips and tricks from the evening check out my hints blog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I miss RS in Lacey 2nd. I remember you doing a bread Making Workshop while I was there. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete